• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web view in script

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use the scripting functionality in photoshop to open a web page or create a custom canvas I could create my own widgets on?  I'd like to just create a simple non-model panel in photoshop that gets events like creation/deletion of new layers and be able to draw and receive events on a canvas or html page to make a more dynamic interface like a mini-spreadsheet.  I also want it to be non-modal so artists can leave it open as they work in photoshop. 

I've heard ScriptUI behaivior is really different across platforms.  I heard making a window (dialog or palette) in Windows, for example, will be modal while only one of them is modal on OS X. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will have much luck with ScriptUI (ExtendScript). Maybe you could do something with Flex and create your own version of a Configurator panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with that tool.  I tried a simple panel I made in Configurator 3.0 and when it came time to export to my photoshop plugin, I get a "Cannot export the panel to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit)\Plug-ins\Panels".  It doesn't say why.  Is there an output log or something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most likely a user permission issue. Either:

Run Configurator as adim

Export to a folder your account can write to

Export as extension and use Extension Manager to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I changed the permissions and it seems to not throw that error anymore.  On a side not, the "Export Panel as a CS Extension" in the file menu is disabled.  Is there a reason this option is sometimes disabled? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only time I have seen the export panel menu items disabled is when there isn't an open panel or the panel is not set up correctly. There are a couple of required fields in the CS Extension Attributes section on the right. You can't export an extension until you have entered info in those fields such as Author.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines