• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebP file format not showing & droplet not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest Photoshop version (24.0.1) in order to save as WebP, but I still dont see any option to save as WebP, neither "save as" or "save as copy" seem to show WebP as an option.

My goal is to create a droplet to automate the process of saving pngs to webp. I have opened WebP files in PS which then gives me the option to save as WebP and recorded the action to save as Droplet, but when I try to use the Droplet I get an error message stating the droplet/app is damaged and I'm asked if I want to move it to the bin... Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Okay a couple of things, I managed to get it to work. 

1st point ā€“ I changed color mode on my PNGs to RGB, somehow I must have accidentilley changed it to "index" which doesnt give me the option to save as WebP (I think).

2nd point ā€“ MacOS Ventura broke all the droplets, but right clicking them and and pressing open (in option menu and in pop-up) and then quiting/closing the droplet fixed it. I can now use the droplet to save PNGs to WebP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add that a WebP plugin worked with a droplet action for a while but somehow just stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Meander 

1 Did it work in 24 before?

2 Could you give a link to the WebP plugin you mention?

It is not supposed to be needed anymore as there is native support: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/support-webp-image-format.html

3 The important thing is that WebP supports only 8bit images. Try to convert from 32/16 to 8 bits before saving, does it change something?

4 Did you try to recreate the action/droplet in 24.0.1?

I hope these questions will help you solve your issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it on the latest 24.01 and it is there. Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 1.37.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay a couple of things, I managed to get it to work. 

1st point ā€“ I changed color mode on my PNGs to RGB, somehow I must have accidentilley changed it to "index" which doesnt give me the option to save as WebP (I think).

2nd point ā€“ MacOS Ventura broke all the droplets, but right clicking them and and pressing open (in option menu and in pop-up) and then quiting/closing the droplet fixed it. I can now use the droplet to save PNGs to WebP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, moving out of the bugs section since it isn't one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines