• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebP plugin installation error message

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have tried repeatedly to install the WebP plugin, that I downloaded through a link I found on Adobe, but I keep getting the error message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document." Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC Windows 10 Photoshop 2021 version 22.5

I see several links on Work with webP files in Photoshop 

I used WebPShop_0_3_3_Win_x64.8bi 

I  downloaded it and copied it into  my common Photosgop Plug-in tree and started Photoshop 22.5 open my jjmack png file.  Used Save As to save a WebP version  then I open the jjmack.webp in Photoshop without issue.  Are you on a Mac?  I can not post the jjmack.webp hets the site doe noe seem to support webp.  Chrome has no problem disolaying the jjmack.webp

image.png

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this JJMack! I will give this a try here after my next meeting. I am on Windows. I was just double clicking on the download and then it would take me to Photoshop directly and give me that error message. I'll try your steps here shortly. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines