• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird: cannot open files from outside Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have problem with Photoshop, it's often one that nobody else has. I hope this time it's different.

Whatever I want to open in Photoshop, I cannot open it from outside Photoshop. When I double click on a file in Finder, Photoshop pops up but the file does not appear. When I try to open a file from Bridge and double click on the icon, the same thing happens. When I'm in Lightroom and go to edit in Photoshop, same. Dragging an image file onto the Photoshop icon in the dock also does not work.

The only time I can open an image in Photoshop from outside Photoshop is when I'm in Lightroom and export a raw file for the first time to Photoshop - then it actually opens in there.

At the moment, if I want to open any image file in Photoshop, I have to go to Photoshop and then use the menu to search and open the file I want. That still works.

When I reboot my MacBook Pro everything works fine again, but very quickly the problem is back again.

Needless to say that this is extremely annoying.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Marsel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

First try the cleaner tool and reinstall. This process gets rid of older files that may be corrupting your install

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset it from preferences or try update it hope that helps...Thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - tried that, didn't work. Rebooting the computer works, but only for a short while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try the cleaner tool and reinstall. This process gets rid of older files that may be corrupting your install

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is sort of related but I'm using Windows 10 and PS v. 22.5.2. Even with Photoshop set as the default app to open TIF or TIFF files, if I try to select "Always use this app to open .tif files" it won't stick and the app icon won't set to PS. Was it always like this? Is it something on my end? This method works with every other image extension but not TIFs.

JainLemos_0-1635789393163.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines