• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird colored line appearing on 3D shape [PS 2021]

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a 3D shape in Photoshop 2021 on macOS and I keep getting this weird line on my shapes, usually reflecting in a different color. It almost looks like a crack in the shape. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? It's still there when I export the shape. In the screenshot example I attached, it's the purple looking line/crack on my shape. I'm using the 3D Extrusion option.

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 9.41.41 AM.png

[version 2021 added to title by moderator]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the Photoshop preferences (Performance tab). Also try the Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop.. Any better?

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.

Also see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of macOS?

Which version of photoshop 2022?

Help>System Info from within photoshop and look at the top line.

Adobe recommends photoshop 2022 (ps ver 22.2) for 3D work

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

It also might help if you could share one of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines