• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Are these and How Do I Get Rid of Them

Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2024: These little rectangles with arrows and numbers appear all over the art I'm working on and they don't move and I can't get rid of them because I don't know what they're called. What are they and how do I make them go away? Thank you!

ADOBE.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the boxes you see when you move a selection with the move tool. They show the direction and distance moved. However they should vanish when the move stops i.e. when you lift the mouse button.
Have you tried resetting the move tool (with the move tool selected, click the reveal arrow at the left of teh options bar)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a bug that's been reported for Photoshop 2024 (ps ver 25.11)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-win-macos-ps-25-11-coordinates-box-stuck-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - I hadn't seen that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff, yes that's it. I don't know who comes up with this stuff or why they thought it was a good idea but more and more, Photoshop feels like it was made by a bunch of IT guys who are not creatives and have NO idea how people use Photoshop or work with images. I am ready to jump off a building. I already tried quitting Photoshop but it doesn't help. When you have deadlines to meet, this is just not funny. And don't even get me STARTED on the "contextual taskbar"!!!!  It took me weeks to get rid of those stupid things because how was I supposed to know what they're called so I can even FIND how to get rid of them! PHOOEY A bunch of IT guys trying to justuify their jobs. Phooey.

-EDIT- By the way, I'm in Windows and it's happening here too (I see your link had to do with Mac OS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the time being and unless you really need the Coordinates box, try disabling it:

Preferences > Tools, and at the bottom, set Show Transformation Values: Never

Restart Photoshop to be safe.

I tried it and I haven't seen the problem show up when trying to move a locked layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help out and hope the problem stays away until there's a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines