• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Drag and Drop into Photoshop Libraries

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.....so..We used to be able to drag items into and out of the library. 
Seems now I am not able to drag a graphic, or layer into the library? Was this an update??

And we can no longer drag drop shadows on the stage when using Layer styles?? Why would they take these features away??

Cheers,

Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mark@headTrix I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm able to drag and drop any open file or layer into a Library new group or existing folder (Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.0 Release). I'm not sure what you mean by “on the stage” in terms of drop shadows. Can you do a screen recording to show us what's happening on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah not sure why.... but I am not able to drag items into the Library anymore. I also cant seem to drag the drop shadows in layer styles like I used to. 24.0 release on Mac. There is a new update... hopefully that works!

thanks!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean click and drag to reposition drop shadow while Layer Style > Drop Shadow dialogue is open? It works for me on Windows. Works also with Gradient and Pattern Overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark@headTrix Sure, let us know if the new version clears things up for you. If not, here are a few things to check. Do you use any other Adobe apps that allow you to drag items into your Library? When you launch the Creative Cloud Desktop app, is File syncing showing as up to date? In Creative Cloud web, under the “Your libraries” tab, are all your files and folders showing properly? Do you have plenty of available storage space? From within Photoshop, at the bottom of the Libraries panel, does the cloud icon indicate “All libraries are up to date”? 

JEL_0-1669911420221.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I updated my Mac to Ventura and updated Photoshop to 24.01. I am now able to drag my drop shadow on the canvas when using Layers styles, BUT, still NOT able to drag items into my Library.
Frustrating for sure! Not sure why I am having this issue!

Thanks!
marjk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark@headTrix Glad to hear you have one problem sorted out. Thanks for letting us know! On the Library issue, are you able to do all the other Library functions, such as create a New Library from Document? Is it only dragging a layer or layer group into the Library that you can't do?

JEL_1-1670087313009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yeah shadows seem to work, but still not able to drag stuff into library.... and I guess I never tried new Library from document - but nope.... that doesnt seem to work either.

could-not-add.jpg

appreciate your help@
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines