• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the plug-ins in CS6? Can you move them from CS5 to CS6?

Mentor ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they been renamed and placed in another folder/area? Or am I asking the obvious?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You SHOULD NOT move plug-ins from any Photoshop install to another Photoshop install unless you know what you are doing!

You should run the plug-in installer so it can do the right thing. If your plug-in installer cannot "see" Photoshop CS6 then contact the developer of the plug-in so they can create a new installer for you.

If your plug-in is using Extension Manager make sure you run the correct version of Extension Manager for the suite app you are trying to install into. Extension Manager CS6 for Photoshop CS6 for example. You can right click or control click on the extension and pick the Extension Manager to launch.

WARNING: Most of the time, users who try to manually copy, end up with not only a plug-in that will not work but a broken Photoshop that will not launch! You are better off working with the plug-in manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom... I concur. Extensions Mgr is there so no prob. and normally this is the route I go unless drag and drop is the correct install for whatever plugins I add. With CS6 many things have moved so further searching located much of what I could not locate originally. I have never run into a prob with plugins or extensions additions in all the years of working with PS so I must be very fortunate by what you said. Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Tom, How about this link? http://forums.adobe.com/message/4221311#4221311

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines