• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What has happen to my Photoshop for Windows?

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the latest version of Photoshop for Windows just started doing this (see image attached).  Can anyon tell me how to return it to normal?  TIA.NewPicture013.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 24, 2024 Aug 24, 2024

Thanks for you help.  I just reset my workspace and that took care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stu, do you mean the stray toolbar on the left?

Looks like it simply got detached. You can re-attach it by clicking and dragging it to the left side, from the middle of the very top band of the panel (that "barcode strip" looking thing). When you see a thick blue line, release the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the Home Screen active, which in my case prevents the Toolbar from being reattached. Click on the Ps icon above the Toolbar to get to the Photoshop workspace, then reattach as per @thatsmauri 's instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thatsmauri & @gener7 -

Thanks guys, but that isn't it.  It's as if my page/screen size has increased because those other items to the left don't move and as a result I cannot place the toolbar so that I can see and read all of those other items.

In Beta (and as it as until a day ago in PS), those items on the left where there when I open the program, the toolbar didn't appear until I open an image.  Then those items disappear and the toolbar shows up.  As  you can see in the image I provided, that is not the case.  Those items on the left and the toolbar are open at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just tested it... When I detach the toolbar and open the Home Screen, it will look exactly like in your screenshot and I indeed cannot re-attach the toolbar. Once I go out of the Home Screen (by clicking the [Ps] icon), re-attach the toolbar and open the Home Screen again, the toolbar won't appear until I open an image or so.

Does it not behave like that for you (anymore)? 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to attach two (2) additional screenshots from my BETA (latest version).  These are how Photoshop should be and was until yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not how Photoshop should look.  Both my home page and toolbar are open at the same time.  See image attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you help.  I just reset my workspace and that took care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines