• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between buying photoshop and getting the photography plan?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that the photography plan is cheaper than photoshop itself, why is that? Is it a dumbed down version of Photoshop on the photography plan or no? Also what is Adobe Cloud storage? Can I still save projects on my device. I'm just one guy, so I didn't think I would need a TB. Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The Photography Plan has been around since Adobe released the Creative Cloud, the Photoshop version is exactly the same on either plan and you can save your projects wherever you like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is the same in both plans. The difference is that, in the Photography (20GB) plan, you'll get both Lightroom and Photoshop + 20GB cloud storage. (There's also a Photography (1TB) plan for $19,99 available). In the Photoshop Single App plan, you'll only get Photoshop + 100GB cloud storage.

Both plans, however, come with Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts, and access to the latest features and updates as soon as they’re released.

You may get more bang for the buck with the Photography plan - depending on whether you need Lightroom and the cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you possibly tell me a use someone would have for the cloud storage? I know this might sound dumb I'm trying to make sure I understand what I'm getting into here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's cloud storage is a bit like Dropbox or MEGA. It's simply virtual space for all your files, so see it as a bonus thing that you are free to use. If you don't need it, that's fine - you don't have to use it. You can still save, open and use your files locally on your PC drive(s) at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has it been clearly stated that you don't "buy" Photoshop.  It is a subscription, not a perpetual license.  You can buy Photoshop Elements for a one time fee, but that is not the same.   

Cloud storage?  Yes, it is something like DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.  But there is more with Adobe's version.

Adobe has been working hard at building an 'ecosystem' of connected parts.  There are a couple Photoshops and several Lightrooms for  computers, laptops, tablets, phones and even the web.   When all set up, I can take a photo with my phone and the image will be offered for editing on my laptop when I open the Photoshop app.  It will also be shared across devices where adjustments on  one, show up on the other.   

For the old school workflow of shooting with a DSLR, transfering the card to computer and opening in Photoshop, no cloud storage will ever be needed or used.  Newer workflows, that might include whiping out your phone to show your latest masterpiece over lunch, are different.

It all works because of cloud storage.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you possibly tell me a use someone would have for the cloud storage?

By @ChickenMan124

If you use Photoshop for iPad (included) or Photoshop for Web (beta), those documents will be .psdc and stored in the Cloud. Some people use it for collaboration.

In addition, the first time you save a psd, you will be asked if you want to save files on your computer or in the cloud. If you make the wrong decision, it can be changed in Preferences.

I use the Cloud storage for iPad files and instead of Dropbox. All other files are on my hard drive.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run out of cloud storage will I still be able to use the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need cloud storage, I have 100GB of it and have never felt the need to use it, I always save locally and backup to 3 separate drives, and yes if you run out of cloud storage you will still be able to use the software you just won't be able to upload to the Adobe cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw that the photography plan is cheaper than photoshop itself, why is that?

============

@ChickenMan124,

Different payment plans for different types of users. 🙂

The Photography Plan is a deeply discounted BUNDLE of software and services aimed at photographers. But it is a 12 month commitment.  If you cancel early, there is a 50% termination fee.

The costlier single app plan gives users a month-to-month option that can be cancelled anytime without penalty.  This is good for freelancers who only need Photoshop for a 1-3 month-long project.  Otherwise, the software in both plans is identical.

Subscription & Cancellation Terms:

============
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one for CPU, GPU, RAM, VRAM and Hard Disk space.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines