• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this error message with no sense??

Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then I get from PS an error message: Couldn't open XXX because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered. OK. I did not meet that unexpected event before I wanted to save file. To me, this is ununderstable. I was working with PS as usual. What is this? I can loose a lot of work, as I'm not able to save a photo.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An unexpected EOF when opening usually means that the image is corrupted, it was incorrectly written.

You can always try other software to see if it can be opened.

If you are saving over a network, then that is a common reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening intermittently then you have a problem. Either your operating system is sick, or hardware has an issue or, as Stephen suggested, your network connection is problematic. It's something you need to get on top on for sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I now work with files on my Macbook, save them there temporarily, and just save the final files to my iMac (my network :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines