• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this GARBAGE

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blank box that comes up every time I open photoshop. I have to close the box before I can use photoshop. Spent hours with tech support getting nothing accomplished. How do I get rid of this crap?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlankBox.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club. This is what I first reported here back on 09-13-23 ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-creative-cloud-apps-popup-when-opening-lat... ). For me, it comes and goes. Sometimes I'll get a couple weeks with PS opening normally and then it's back to the races. <opinion>There's nothing you can do because it's not your computer or your installation that's at fault. It's a problem back at the Mothership.</opinion>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SauronWS6 , please mind your manners. 

What is the exact version of Photoshop you are using? 

Does turning off »Auto show the Home Screen« and restarting Photoshop make a difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using CC2019 (20.0.10) on an aging Windows 10 computer incapable of running the current releases,  and I've had Use Legacy "New Document" Interface checked since the day of installation, so no, that isn't it, but thank you. Fwiw, it was suggested at one point that it might have something to do with my pc's lack of a GPU "with DirectX 12 support (feature level 12_0 or later)," but that requirement didn't come into play until CC2022 ( https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html ) and, as I said, I'm running CC2019.

So I just live with it. Clicking Alt + F4 to dismiss the screen isn't terribly onerous, and anyway it'll all change next year when Windows 10 EOLs and I'm forced to move on. Sometimes you just have to be philosophical about things, na ja?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn’t talking about the »New Document« dialog, but the Home Screen. 

Though I am not sure it would make a difference either way. 

If one can be philosophical about these irksome recurring issues that is surely best, ned woa? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all the Preferences and I didn't see anything about the Home screen. Maybe CC2019 didn't have that feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, the screenshot by the original poster showed it behind the offending window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. What happens to me is the screen pops up and I have to dismiss it before Photoshop itself will open up. Except, interestingly, today the screen didn't put in an appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines