Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What size image to upload in freelancing websites

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please tell me what size of the image to upload freelancing/portfolio websites.

I'm trying a different size of images to upload freelance portfolio but the image gets too blurry. What can I do to sees a clear image?

Please tell the image size to upload a freelance portfolio.

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my website, I first change the image size in Photoshop from 300 DPI to 150 DPI, then "Save for Web," which makes it 72 DPI. I don't know what size your originals are, but my method will normally take mine down to around 2600 pixels on the long side. From there, if I think it's too big, I change the image size again, down to maybe 900 pixels high. Is this what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried Save for Web? you can optimise and change size to see how much smaller and defined the image could be.Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Placed images on web are usually made at 72 ppi. Pixels per inch. 

what you need to know is how manuy pixels wide the portfolio site recommends 

for my website I tend to choose 600 pixels wide for full width images and proportionally smaller when rteduced to fit the page e.g: https://www.colourmanagement.net/products/basiccolor/basiccolor-display-software

also its important to preview at 100% & often adding Photoshop's unsharp masking can help a lot.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines