Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When sharpeing B&W Images in PS, colours errors appear

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help!!
I'm having issues with some images - The image edits fine using my normal B&W preset in Lightroom Classic (All up to date), and exports fine so the RAW files seem to be ok, but when I sharpen them (in my normal way in PS, using a preset I've always used for years), these coloured errors come up on some of the images. It only seems to happen on B&W images though, and not all of them.....
I've tried re-exporting the problem images and then sharpening them again, and the same thing happens.

Any ideas what's going wrong?
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 15.10.36.pngScreenshot 2022-06-05 at 12.21.40.pngScreenshot 2022-06-05 at 12.22.13.pngScreenshot 2022-06-05 at 12.22.04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be in the wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is premiere forum.

although try the default troubleshooting of exporting to a different image format, re-import and try again.

or clip colors from 32bpc to 16bpc, and desaturate to 0% color,  before sharpening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@bena58748468 – Have you tried resetting preferences?

This could possibly be a graphics processor related issue.

First thing to try is Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings: untick GPU compositing if it is active

You may need to experiment with disabling/enabling other GPU settings or as a last resort turning off the graphics processor to see if this fixes the issue.

Finally, it may also be a similar issue to here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-23-2-issue-previously-saved-files-with-adj...

Good luck and please let the forum know if and how this is resolved...

P.S. apart from habit of sharpening in Ps, you could sharpen in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines