• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whenever i go to colour in something the colours go lighter

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey so i am new to photoshop and everything was going fine until a couple of days ago, i was doing a drawing of ghostface per a friends request, and naturally he is primarily all black. However when i went to colour it in everytime i went over a space that already had black on it it would cause the existing black to go a lighter colour, and it proceeds to do this everytime until the colour is white. It is kind of frustrating and i would like to turn it off. I havent notice it do this up until a few days ago. There is a photo if youd like to see, where the colour is a light grey i used the same colour but for some reason thats how it comes up. (also the drawing isnt the best, im still new to digital art :p) if anyone has any fixes please let me know 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots on this Forum directly. 

insertImagePhotographIcon2020.jpg

And include the pertinent Panels (Toolbox, Options Bar, Layers, …) otherwise there is no chance for others to see what Tool settings (like Blend Mode) you are actually using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, est ce que tu es Français ? Si oui, la réponse peut être en Français 😉

Instead yes, like c_pfaffenbichler , we need a screenshot of your workspace to see  all the tools and tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiib_0-1586507119367.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiib_0-1586507191549.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Brush is set to the Blend Mode »Screen«, I suspect you want »Normal«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i  turn off blend mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the top left : see Mode, screen click on it to change it to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines