• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can i get the resources for producing own design in photoshop without invading copyright?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wish to take game character image from web to edit in photoshop and create my own design like leaflet,bronchure or etc,does it invade someone copyright? If yes, where can i take photos that are not invading someone copyright?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking for free design resource or free images resources? Every site which offers downloads usually offers and visible terms of use/License/Copyright info. Read them and follow them and you won't make any mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything copyleft can be used as well... deviant art is a good starting place for ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of your head.  If you wish to use the designs commercially, then you can't help yourself to online images unless, as Bojan says, they are copyright free.

Out-of-Your-Head.gif

Sites like flickr have search filters that might help.   However, it might bring up images that profess to be copyright free, but the image uploader might not have owned the images.  It's a bit of a minefield, and with tools like Reverse Image Search easily available, there's a  better than average chance you'll get caught.

BTW  I decided to tone down the above animation after deciding it was likely to induce unwelcome side effects, so  I left some stationary objects to anchor the eye.  Aren't I kind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

However, it might bring up images that profess to be copyright free, but the image uploader might not have owned the images.  It's a bit of a minefield, and with tools like Reverse Image Search easily available, there's a  better than average chance you'll get caught.

Plus anyone who spent hours upon hours playing Leisure Suit Larry back in the golden age of DOS can pick him out in a crowd. Thanks for the memories, Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines