• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my action go?

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked for hours yesterday on an action to automate one of my processes. It worked great. Today? It's gone. Disappeared. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the action set (folder) to an .atn file (using the menu illustrated below), or just leave it in the panel in an unsaved state?

Actions-Panel.png

Loaded .atn files or newly created and unsaved action sets are temporarily stored in the Actions Palette presets file (Actions Palette.psp). This file should be considered temporary and may be subject to corruption or loss, which is why making an explicit save to .atn file for each individual action set is strongly advised.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I opened an older version of Photoshop by accident. I opened the correct one and Ta Da! There it was.

But, responding to Stephen's question, no, I did not do that. It is my opinion, and probably shared by many, that the action is saved when you run it. It's cute how Photoshop tries to blame the victims when their program fails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I'd suggest that you save the set to .atn file so that the hours spent are not lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines