• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to download Adobe Gamma

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, I am learning how to use the Photoshop Astronomy. I have a chapter teaching me about the how to calibrating your monitor using Adobe Gamma.

I am using Photoshop CC2019.

Do you know where can I download the Adobe Gamma or is it necessary ?

Winnie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically it was discontinued because it could not work with lcd monitors.

Here's a thread on this: Re: Adobe CS4 Gamma vs. Windows XP Gamma Solutions Needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That must be a very old article. AFAIK Adobe Gamma went out with CS2 and that was the last we heard about it. What you use today is a calibrator such as a Spyder, i1 Display, ColorMunki etc.

Adobe Gamma was an early and primitive attempt at setting parameters for Photoshop's display color management, before calibration software and colorimeters became widespread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using OSX there is a software calibrator under System Prefs>Displays>Color which lets you empirically set gamma and color temp, and then generate a monitor profile based on those observations. It wouldn't be as accurate as a hardware calibrator, but it does generate a monitor profile, which the old Adobe Gamma did not do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines