• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did You delete Adobe Photoshop 2017 & 2018 without moving all of my actions into 2019?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

Yesterday, I upgraded [and already regret] my Creative Cloud to 2019 version and to my not very pleasant surprise, Adobe CC App simply and without asking me [or at least I didn't notice, some small font in the tons of text You spam Your paying customers with might have contained something] deleted all of my 2017 and 2018 Photoshop folders and left nothing, literally nothing.

Is there some way I could get my actions back? I've had plenty.

Thank You for Your eventual help

With kind regards

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so annoying. It doesn't migrate anything over. I reinstalled 2018 and my actions and presets etc were still there. Apparently no one who tests software for Adobe has any custom items they would want migrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan,

I'm sorry that you lost all your actions, if you try to go on Edit>Presets>Migrate Presets you might be able to reimport them to CC 2019!

As well for future reference I'd suggest you to disable remove old versions: Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling a version of PS will not remove any of your presets, you will still see the folders with them in them, minus the main application. This has always been the case. So you need to do as Andrea mentioned and migrate your presets to the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine says there are no presets to migrate. Also why have the option to migrate presets when updating if it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually have to create a preset before you can migrate it. Just creating an action doesn't create a preset. You have to save the actions or a group of actions as a preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save actions as a preset so I can migrate them?

Also, I have like a dozen custom document size presets along with custom workspaces. How do I transfer those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also the case for any brushes or anything else that you might have created in PS. They need to be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest that you read my blogpost here:

Prepression: Photoshop – Custom Action File Backup & Migration

As previously mentioned, the best practice approach is to save your action sets as .atn files.

If you are lucky, you still have the following file in the old location Actions Palette.psp – which can be found in the following locations:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

Win:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

(replace “username” with your user account name and also replace ??? with your version name/number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines