• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does it say that I need a Authorization code to use photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number ... my Photoshop says it will get deleted in 30 days unless I get a Authorization code ... it 5 sets of four numbers or letters long... what is this

I bought Photoshop back in 2005... now I have my 3rd new computer it should still work but it does not

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2325

Also

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't help, please tell us your exact version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sc2 90056849 its says on disc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna, unfortunately if this case, Adobe has disabled CS2 activation servers, if you did own the license before you won't be able to use it from your copy. Any CS2 owner can download an activated copy from here Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products . But I do strongly suggest to upgrade your Photoshop, better CS3 or later, best is CC. Let me know if you need anything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Photoshop CS3 as Anna

I did all the things in See "Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8" and I still get activation or connection error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after quite few research, CS3 servers are outdated and any installation from your copy won't work, so it has been linked with your Adobe ID, if not better Contact Customer Care if you can send some proof of ownership and etc..., then you will be able to download an updated installer that has a new serial code and this problem won't affect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the things in See "Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html#main-pars_header " Downloaded the new NO Activation version and still get activation or connection error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you installed the old version or any other version of CS3? Also see this if you still get the problem Activation and deactivation troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled the old version, downloaded the New NO Activation version and still get activation or connection error ( I did this 3 times)

I am running Mac OS 10.8.5

I use Photoshop CS 5.1 for everything but Web Gallery with is only in Bridge 5.1 and makes the thumbnails too small, so I modified the perset to give me larger thumbnails 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I do strongly suggest to upgrade your Photoshop, better CS3 or later, best is CC.

Personally I think Adobe’s switch to an exclusive Cloud license model was regrettable but sticking with obsolete perpetual license versions includes certain risks – basically one should lock down one’s setup (OS and hardware) or make sure one can roll back any upgrades (soft- and hardware) because they could render the obsolete program inoperative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankx but I downloaded it then looked through the files and no fill is the product... all the fills it gives in the PhSp_CS2_UE_Ret  folder are only installing files there are no files that let you open photshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried install the new verision but I don't know what to do next... do I need to remove the old Photoshop?

I supposes I could just delete it and download it every 30 days as it seems to let you use it for 30 days... or maybe it just says that but it will still work after the 30 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the instruction guide for installation http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/CS2_install_Win.pdf , as the provided files are meant to be installed, and not be able to run on modern PC. Let me know if you decide to upgrade an try Creative Cloud, you will have free 7 days to try out Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you have. CS2? 5.0? CS3? Something else? Your license is for only one version. To find out the version start Photoshop and use Help > About Photoshop. Please tell us what you see there. Might be something like CS2, or CC2017, or 8.0.3 or whatever. Don't try and download anythnig until you know what you actually have a license to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines