• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't command s on Mac not work in Photoshop anymore?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maybe your shortcut has be over written.  You can check this by going Edit> Keyboard shortcuts > File ...

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 00.15.18.png

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check also keyboard input language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @jakeprice

It's working here. The question is why does it not work for you. In addition to what has been said:

• What happens when you use Cmd+S?
  • Is it all files or just the one?
  • Does the History panel say you have saved?

Some things that occur to me are:

• the file is already saved
  • you are in the middle of text/crop/transform/etc. and have not yet committed or cancelled

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as you after updating my Photoshop from version 2020 to 2024. I always use the shortcut Command + S to save files, but I found that I couldn't directly save files using this shortcut anymore. After troubleshooting many times, I discovered that you have to hit S first. Basically, it will be S + Command instead of the old habit of Command + S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as you after updating my Photoshop from version 2020 to 2024. I always use the shortcut Command + S to save files, but I found that I couldn't directly save files using this shortcut anymore. After troubleshooting many times, I discovered that you have to hit S first. Basically, it will be S + Command instead of the old habit of Command + S. NOW, my hostory finally has (saved) appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This is the answer, even though I don't yet understand why the order has been reversed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines