• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why don't my dialogs show up in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the examples from the ExtendScript Toolkit UI and the dialog examples don't do appear in photoshop. 

I copied SnpCreateTreeView.jsx from the examples directory to my toolkit window and ran it.  It errors out on "aNode.image = this.folderIcon;".  I assumed it was just to set icons, so I commented it out and it appeared to run without error, but it just jumps to photoshop and I see no dialog. 

About to run SnpCreateTreeView

Ran SnpCreateTreeView

Result: true

I tried a simpler example, "SnpCreateDialog.jsx" and it also didn't do anything.  It almost looks like it's going over to photoshop, loading the dialog, closing the dialog and jumping back to the toolkit.  I have managed to find some examples like "AlertBoxBuilder1.jsx" where I do see a dialog.  What's the difference here? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another example here in the "palette" section.  If I run this in the toolkit, I see the palette popup.  If I target photoshop and run it, it again jumps to photoshop, loads the palette, immediately closes the palette, and jumps back.  Why? 

http://www.davidebarranca.com/2012/10/scriptui-window-in-photoshop-palette-vs-dialog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"SnpCreateDialog.jsx" is a Bridge script, not Photoshop. If you have CS6 it won't work as there are many things in the Bridge UI that are bust.

The second example will flash on then off as it is a palette example, to make it stop on screen  change...

var win = new Window("palette", "SnpCreateDialog",[100,100,380,245]);

To:-

var win = new Window("dialog", "SnpCreateDialog",[100,100,380,245]);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I read more through the article "ScriptUI Window in Photoshop - Palette vs Dialog".  He actually talks about this and provides some workarounds, but it still seems strangely inconsistent.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines