• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the date stamp on my jpg wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a banner in CS Photoshop (cloud version) and just saved a JPG from the same file. For some reason the JPG has the date 3/22/17 on it. This has been actually happening with all jpgs saved from photoshop lately, all with the same date. What's up?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

I have found this problem also.  First put you folder in View= details . Then  on the top line of the file folder you will see the descriptions of the data in columns. That is Date / Type . Size   and so on.  

If you right click on that top line a list of detail types will appear, masses of them.

If you go down to Dates  you will be flabbergasted to see a variation of date types.

Tick in DATE CREATED and/ or DATE LAST SAVED.

The dates appearing may be different than the Date heading by itself.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When you say -- has a date of--do you mean when you are looking at the file name and information in a window?

Have you checked the date and time on your computer? Photoshop uses your computer's date and time information when saving files--so  I think it's a computer issue and not a Photoshop issue.

Let me know what you find?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In explorer the date stamp on the jpg is 3/22/17 while the PSD shows the correct time and date. Of course my computer date and time is correct. It is only when Photoshop saves a JPG that this occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you mention this has been happening to all your jpegs recently, do they all have the same date?  If the date is changing then as Michelle posted, you should double check the date on your computer. 

Are you noticing this issue when using other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the jpgs have the same wrong date... 3/22/17, no matter what day I saved them. Only when photoshop saves a JPG do I see an incorrect date stamp. As I said above, the PSD files have the right date, just not the JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound odd.  Are you using any type of template?  Where are you saving the files?

I ask about your workflow in case there is something embedding that specific date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... no I'm not using a template.Just saving files in the folder in which the PSD file resides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Very annoying. Yes, computer time is CORRECT for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

julias78564324  wrote

I have designed a banner in CS Photoshop (cloud version)

As a matter of interest, which exact version of Photoshop and OS do you have?

By the way, all subscription versions the Photoshop are downloaded on to your computer and used on it in the normal way (they don't operate in the cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC
2015.5.1 Release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest from the subscription, Photoshop 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting your preferences doesn't help the process, then my next suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found this problem also.  First put you folder in View= details . Then  on the top line of the file folder you will see the descriptions of the data in columns. That is Date / Type . Size   and so on.  

If you right click on that top line a list of detail types will appear, masses of them.

If you go down to Dates  you will be flabbergasted to see a variation of date types.

Tick in DATE CREATED and/ or DATE LAST SAVED.

The dates appearing may be different than the Date heading by itself.

This occurs when you save the file two or three times over itself, and maybe for other reasons .

[email address removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me as well!! Choosing Date Created or Date Modified fix the issue, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Paul. this worked for me.... saved me a great deal.. stay safe and God bless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a Photoshop problem.  It’s a Windows problem.

Here’s the solution:

Open the folder where your photos or jpg files are stored on your Windows computer.

Click on View, then click on Details.

Click on the drop-down menu next to Add Columns.

Uncheck Date and check Date Modified.

Click on the Date Modified column to sort in ascending or descending order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was having exactly the same problem as Julia but this appears to have switched everything to true dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Open the folder containing your images in "Details" view.
  2. Look for the top line of the file folder, where you see the descriptions of the data in columns (e.g., Date, Type, Size).
  3. Right-click on the top line to bring up a list of available detail types.
  4. Scroll down to the "Dates" section in the list.
  5. Tick or select "Date Created" and/or "Date Last Saved."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines