• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 card be sufficient for Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am considering buying an HP Pavillion G 15 i7 laptop model no: 15dk0001ni which comes with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 graphics card and 2 GB of memory. This card is not mentioned in the recommended cards for Photoshop. My question is: will the card be sufficient for Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The minimum system requirements for the current version are listed in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

They state nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent as minimum and nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 or Quadro T1000 is recommended.

So your 1650 is above the minimum.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. Much appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my device config. are same but graphic card nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 7GB,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an old AMD Radeon HD 8490 1GB GPU on my work PC and Photoshop 20.0.2 run without issues, so you should be fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the minimum system requirements might be based on updates that might follow. It is a long time since they were updated and I was surprised when I checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but it still specifies 2 GB RAM, 3.1 GB disk space (!!), and 1280 x 800 display as minimum. I suppose it's possible to get Photoshop installed with those specs, but, well, it won't be much fun and not for long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines