• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

(Win) Photoshop 2023 v24.0 Error: Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning via Creative Cloud to version 24. Opening any photoshop document or trying to create a new one from scratch....the message Adobe has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown. Basically I cannot do anything....H E L P!

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try re-logging into Creative Cloud? What are your system specifications?

Please goto Edit > Preferences > Plug-ins > uncheck Generator. Restart Photoshop.

Does restoring preferences (manually) help?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
You can quit Photoshop and return to the Settings folder if that doesn't solve the problem.

Try installing Photoshop 2023. Does the problem persist?

Regards,

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,
Thank you for reaching out yesterday. I tried all of your recommendations, and nothing worked. I even uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed, but the same thing. I cannot open a file, I cannot create a new one.....might it have something to do with my offices security protocols?....It was fine before the update yesterday, but no go since then.

Brian Jakovina

Personal information removed by Moderator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues.  All worked well till I updated while watching Adobe Max and can't open previous files, cannot create a new one.  I've tried to release space, checked drivers are up to date

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for highlighting this. Please go to Photoshop, Help> System Info, and copy-paste the details to us.

Can you please try these steps and let us know if it helps?

Preferences > Performance > Technology Preview> Older GPU mode enable & restart Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I sorted it. My system was telling me that everything was up to
date, but then there were various updates appearing and now all seems to be
well - thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines