• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Fonts not showing in PhotoShop CS6

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newly built Windows 7 Machine, installed the fonts and they show in all office Apps but not showing in Photoshop CS6, can you tell me how to get them to appear?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Zehnder, looking at your screenshot, HelveticaNeue LT Pro is showing up in Photoshop. 6th font from the one you've highlighted in the screenshot.

Choose that first. Then, to its right, where it shows 'Regular', you'll be able to change it to Roman, Bold, Black, Italic, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop lists all fonts that are present in 'Fonts' folder in Windows.

If PS is not listing some fonts:

• Either those fonts are not located in 'Fonts' folders (Windows keeps it in a secret statsh as they're proprietary to Windows 7)
  • One or more of those fonts are corrupt. Adobe doesn't list corrupt fonts. In fact, often times Photoshop hangs when you have one or more corrupt/ invalid font registries on your system. Scan for corrupt fonts and remove them

Can you post the 'fonts' that are 'missing', so we can see if they have any associated known issues with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sudarshan,

Thanks for the reply, I've jsut checked and the fonts are in c:\windows\fonts, how can I post the fonts up or are you jsut after the name?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the names.

Well another thing I've noticed with few fonts - the canonical names of the fonts will be something like '_VW Light' but the actual font name may be 'Volkswagen Light'. In this case, Photoshop wont show the font as VW Light but as Volkswagen Light. Have you tried this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HelveticaNeueLTPro-Bd_0.otf

HelveticaNeueLTPro-Blk_0.otf

HelveticaNeueLTPro-LtIt_0.otf

HelveticaNeueLTPro-Roman_0.otf

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HelveticaNeue is not a Windows native font. But anyway, it will show up in Photoshop as one typeface - 'Helvetica Neue'. Subtypes will show up as 'Bold, Black, Light, Roman'.

This is one of my personal favorites and I use it all the time without any hassles.

Can you open Photoshop and take a screenshot of the 'menu bar' with the font listing beginning with 'He...'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, can you try placing a copy of these fonts in here to see if that works?

Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Adobe > Fonts

Put them in x64 if you're running Photoshop as 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 Fonts.jpg

Have tried the above and still no joy

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zehnder69,

The forum you posted your original question in is brand new and I think we can get more attention to your problem if I move this thread to the Photoshop General Discussion forum. I'm pretty sure that someone in that forum will be able to help you.

Luanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zehnder, looking at your screenshot, HelveticaNeue LT Pro is showing up in Photoshop. 6th font from the one you've highlighted in the screenshot.

Choose that first. Then, to its right, where it shows 'Regular', you'll be able to change it to Roman, Bold, Black, Italic, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sudarshan,

Thanks for all your help, you're a star ....  I'm a little worried how the user in our Marketing dept who has been using this product for a number of years did not know this! :$.....  Gotta love Marketing haha

Thanks again

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!
been trying to work this out for hours!
big virtual kiss from downunder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my photoshop cc 2019, 6 fonts out of 8 from the Helvetica neue familhy is missing. Only two fonts of this font family showing up in the right hand option. I checked if it exits separately, but they aren't found. Any fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. Have you found and answer somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true!!

As I was reading your comment, I realized the same problem too.

Photoshop doesn't display the actual names of the fonts as they are in the "Windows Fonts Folder". I think Adobe should take this seriously into their consideration.

I had the same problem with the "Monotype Corsiva" font.

I couldn't find it in Photoshop because of this exact reason.

I was searching on the Letter "M" to find the Monotype, but after I tried to Type: "Corsiva" instead, and to my Surprise it was listed under the font "Coronet". It was listed with the full name of the font: "Monotype Corsiva".

This is very weird... I don't know why.Photoshop forum about FONTA.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I could not believe Monotype Corsiva would not be in PhotoShop, but it was certainly not there under M! You've stopped me from spending obsessive days trying to figure out the mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines