• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Move Around

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I walk away from my computer--and then come back to jiggle it awake again, my windows have moved.

Always the same, too:  The main window drops a couple inches; the tool panels scatter to the same spots every time.  To fix it, I drag the main back into place and hit Workspace>Reset.  It's not a huge deal, but annoying as <expletive>.

Background:  macbook pro, M1 Pro chip, Monterey, two displays (built-in plus external by HDMI)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound like typical behavior. Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working with? You can check the exact version of Photoshop by going to Help > System Info.

Also, please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all this and now my workspace/ other settings disappered altogether.  The files are all back in place in the folders, but PS dosn't 'see' them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aaron D in KC 

Resetting Preferences clears the list of recently opened files. They will show again in the Home Screen when you reopen them.

It also puts you back on the workspace called "Essentials". If you didn't create a workspace before, arrange the panels now, then save it as a workspace in Window > Workspace > New Workspace.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This very frustraiting issue persists and I'm now using Mac OS 13.2.1 and Photoshop 24.2.0.   In addition Bridge (v 13.0.2.636) crashes almost daily . . . this product still simply does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I don't use docking or tabs, as I have a large monitor. Over time, my windows all drift to the bottom-left of the screen. This has happened for a few years, and it never happens when I am watching, so it might be related to viewing the desktop or when photoshop is in the background.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue on a MacBook Pro and a Mac Studio with latest OS on each and latest Photoshop and as you say, it isn't huge but does disrupt an efficient workflow.  And then Bridge crashes almost every day making it almost useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines