• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

workspace keeps resetting to default

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A minor annoyance but every time my computer sleeps, photoshop reverts to a default workspace. All i need do is hit the reset workspace command but is there a way to keep this from occuring?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's quite strange as workspace in Photoshop keeps resetting to default. Let us help make this right.

What is the version of Photoshop you're using and on which OS?

It seems that some setting in the app preferences is causing the your workspace to reset on it's own. Could you try resetting Photoshop's preferences & see if it helps? 
https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm sure by now there is an answer to this bug.  What is the setting in the app preferences that is causing the workspace to change to the default?  It's been two years since this answer was posted, and mine is still doing this.  It is stealing my time, and I'd like to be able to set it and forget it like I have for decades.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. I am not sure why this happens to me though. It's always at random times (not whenever my computer sleeps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also.  It started happening after I got a new computer.  I'm using the same version of Photoshop as I did on my previous computer (Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.1)
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Plus I loose all my actions and have to FIND them and reload them all each time this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here, did you managed to find a solution? 🤔🤔🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too.  I'd rather hit reset workspace everytime than figure out how to backup settings, reset settings, restore settings. This is bs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 22.4.2. Updated this week and what do you know, all preferences back to DEFAULT yet AGAIN! SO tired of resetting my preferences. What's going on Adobe? Seems this has been going on for years, what are we paying for? Not basics it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the same issue after just updating.

everytime I open photoshop it is at default settings, and I have to take time and bother to put them where they were.

How is this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue. Photoshop is on Creative Cloud and recently seems a little sluggish too. It happens randomly when opening photoshop and I'm greeted with the message that it is resetting to defaults as there was a problem. It seems to be happening more frequently now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, sometimes it even crash the PC. Then load up the photoshop again and puff all reseted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really annoyed. Please fix it, we pay for this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 YEARS AND NO FIX, ADOBE!!! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me! I have no clue why this keeps happening. I don't even have this issue with free graphics programs. It's very disheartening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ummmmmm so where's the fix in this thread?????? having the same issue.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyyy almost five years since this thread was started. Can we get an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences not sticking is usually caused by permissions issues in your Windows user account, preventing them from being properly written on PS shutdown. Or other types of irregular shutdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true my comuter has not changed nor has my user account. It just started doing this after I get an message that in order to fix an issue I had to reset to default. Since then everytime I open PS I have to change things all over again. Should I uninstall everything and install them again??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there no save my preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines