• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspaces vanished

Advocate ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces have vanished in PS 2023. Any ideas how to get them back? thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

@larry45 

Here are screenshots from my own computer. macOS has several libraries. Go to the right one.

janee_0-1677462108472.png

janee_1-1677462160613.png

janee_2-1677462271049.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that there's nothing listed when you go to the Workspace icon in the upper right or go to Window > Workspace?

If so, you might try resetting Photoshop's preferences:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry45 

If you mean something else, show us a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can better assist.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Myra , Jane.

Here is what I'm seeing: I'm on PS 2023 - mac

Before there was one called Larry, which had the workspace that I have tweaked over the years. Seems to be gone all of the sudden. Never see that happen before.  (recently I've deleted past versions of PS, ie 2022, 2019 and preferences to those versions, but if have any idea what search for on my hardrive, let me know , thanks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update Photoshop via the Creative Cloud Desktop App, there's a setting that lets you keep your previous settings and preferences. If it's not selected, then your preferences would have been removed.

If you want to backup your preferences, you can access them and save them:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry45 

If you have TimeMachine set up for backups, you can check to see if you can find it in your backups:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

The Library folder is hidden by default:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Workspace Preferences - Contains list of workspaces (psw files) that are loaded and/or modified. * Workspace Prefs.psp Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
Workspaces - Contains any custom workspaces that have been saved. [Workspace Name].psw Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces

If you can't find it, you will have to recreate it. Be sure to save it again with the same name every time you tweak it. You might also want to take a screenshot to assist you in case you ever have the need.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane/ Myra, ok going to read all this stuff over a few days.  search in TM ect. . Look at global Adobe preferences.

That said, just glancing now see this, "Customized preferences and settings are migrated to the latest version of the app."

So implies default it to carry all that stuff over?

Should never happen even once to anyone, so fact happeing is a glaring flaw with Adibe IMO.

Just

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad Jane you supplied screenshot of user name libary, prefences, will dig in later,   as link above you have says, "app data, roaming"  as location, never heard of or seen that app data, or roaming, not come up in spotlight search:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry45 

The Library folder is hidden by default, which is why it does not show up in Spotlight:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, yes know hidden, but (side tagent, not even looked for my lost workspace yet in TM, but I will tonight), What I'm saying is your screenshot is one I believe/ trust, while ADobe link, says app dat roaming which I do not find anywhere, even drilling down into libary no app data, romaing, so that wierd no?   app data/ romaing? never heard of it, and cant find that anywhere, yet Adobe put that on their link,     Confusing that ADobe does that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry45 

Here are screenshots from my own computer. macOS has several libraries. Go to the right one.

janee_0-1677462108472.png

janee_1-1677462160613.png

janee_2-1677462271049.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I did find an save backup in time Machine. And I restored it in the correct area on the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet, but... disturbingly, it's still not showing up in the software.  I don't see load workspace, like you might with actions. so any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Jane, Myra, my keyboard shortcuts (which Jane given great tips on in past, thanks), is also vanished, and I did check my preferences was indeed, selected to import previoius:  see screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open file with PS and says does not recognize it . Hopefuly someone from Adobe will come to pipe in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe are hiding because they know how buggy[cursing removed] their apps are right now. Soooooooo many problems. What has happened at Adobe? The quality of their software has become quite poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, ALL my workspaces keep vanishing, whenever I do an update of AI, INDD or PS.

I have to go and MANUALLY  copy my saved workspaces into the preferences folders in the Library, it's a massive pain.

BUT SERIOUSLY ADOBE, ARE YOU EVEN THINKING AT ALL?

OBVIOUSLY, when the workspaces disappear, we have to copy them back in, as described above. BUT that fully stuffs up the UI in ALL 3 apps – the tools and panes all disappear when quitting and restarting the apps. The only way to get them back is to tap the TAB key twice, and then go and reset the workspace. I HAVE TO DO THIS EVERY SINGLE [cursing removed] TIME AND I AM JUST SO SO SO SO SO SICK OF IT!

FIX IT. ADOBE!!!! GRRRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines