• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Writing on a broken arm CAST?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i make an effect that makes it look like black marker written on a white broken cast? I have tried everything i can think of, and nothing is giving me the look i am going for. Patterns and blending modes just give me a checkered look, displacement maps never seem to get it, and everything else just comes out looking grungy!

My goal is to make it look like a phone number was written onto a cast, so the phone number font must be big and bold and readable. I want it to look like someone drew big bubble letters onto a cast,sort of like the heart on image attached.

Please help!!2013-10-30T212920Z_291279720_GM1E9AV0F2801_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yuftyulgfvgtgigig  wrote

I want it to look like someone drew big bubble letters onto a cast,sort of like the heart on image attached.

Hi,

Can you show one or two examples of something you’ve tried so we have a better idea of what you are going for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it's an ankle, I found this on Adobe Stock.  It might give you some ideas.

File #: 149903704 …

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at this cast, and it strikes me there are two things that are going to make text look like it belongs.  That's not counting the warping to match the curve, which is obvious

First you need to let the texture of the plaster show through. Then distort the text to follow the bigger texture.

So I have copies the plaster beneath the text, blurred it and increased contrast

This will be used as a Displacement Mask

Using low settings for displace ( 4 & 4) because of the thin text.

I didn't do well trying to get fine texture on the text because of it being so dark.  To get this I used Filter Gallery > Texturiser > Sandstone, and boosted contrast again with a clipped curves layer.  I barely shows though.  The displace has worked OK I'd say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cast is plaster and the OP's cast is fiberglass.

Use a mesh for a height map, that will make the ink raise and drop.

A blend mode would get close but I think would be more gradual instead of the sharp edge of the mesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A blend mode would do wonders. Try Overlay and mess with the opacity. And if it looks ok, but a little light, try adding a second layer of it in overlay again and messing with opacity more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this:

Add a new layer

Draw the letters with a soft black brush.

Set blend if on the drawn layer as shown below

Add a color fill layer and clip it to the drawn layer and set the colour required

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking something like the following only better. LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines