Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom by dragging doesn't work anymore

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since today the option Zoom by dragging in Photoshop 2022 doesn't work anymore.

In the past I had the same problem and I obtained a fix: I had to go to Preferences > Performances, check if Use GPU was activated and go to Advanced settings, where Use OpenCL also had to be activated.

However this fix doesn't work anymore: Use GPU and Use OpenCL are both activated, yet Zoom by dragging doesn't work properly. It puts a rectangle around a zone and zooms in, but this is not how it should function.

Would anyone know how I could get Zoom by dragging back?

Thanks in advance!

Johan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in my case, with nvidia quadro K4000 and green check, compatible card. I hope you will not exclude this card from compatibility to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working as it should for me on Mac. What if you totally disable GPU? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Disabling GPU is no solution.

When GPU is enabled, the 'Zoom by dragging' option initially seems to work (it's white), but it turns grey when I try to use it.

When GPU is disabled, the 'Zoom by dragging' option is immediately grey after starting Photoshop.

Any other options?

Best regards,

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines