• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Variables [FILE_NAME] to export layers to Files

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to use the command EXPORT / LAYERS to FILES in a script (and Automation). It would be interesting to add a variable [FILE_NAME] to the file name prefix to process this command in batch.

Thus each LAYER exported as a FILE will have as a PREFIX the name of the file from which it comes. For batch processing of multiple PSD FILES.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jacques74

Export layers to files is a script, so it can be edited, however, the default Adobe scripts are long and complex.

The script is designed to work with an interface on the active document, not for multiple docs/batches.

The selected parameters in the script interface can be recorded into an action (a script has to be coded to specifically allow this)... But this isn't suitable for the Batch command.

This would likely require a major rewrite of the script as the current ExtendScript based code isn't intended for batching.

I am hoping that Adobe rewrites all of the default scripts in UXP as either a stand-alone script or perhaps as a persistent floating panel plugin. Having the ability to select the active document or a batch would be a good thing for these legacy scripts (Layers to Files, Artboards to Files, Layer Comps to Files etc).

I have added my vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. If you need the ability to batch save the layers of multiple files today, then there are already numerous custom scripts that can be recorded into a batch action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too found the script that comes with Photoshop to be less that what I desired. So I wrote my own. This script includes the file's original name, and you can easily edit the code to do it any other way you prefer:

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/photoshop/save-layers

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I (roymodus) just purchased your script. It works perfectly. This is exactly what I'm looking for. THANKS. regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jacques74 

Thank you for the contribution. I really appreciate it. Keeps me writing new scripts.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate