• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize File Extension Types

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the ability to edit (enable/disable) the 23 different file type extensions in the save menu of Photoshop.  To any professional that saves 50-100+ photos a day, it is an excessive waste of our time to have a drop-down menu loaded with 19 options we don't need, where we have to search for the proper file type every time we want to save.  While it only wastes 3-5 seconds on average for every photo, after 50-100 photos this time adds up and there is no legitimate excuse for it.  

Adobe needs to add an option under Edit > Preferences > File Handling, Under the "Enable Legacy Save As" option, where the 23 file extensions appear and we can check the box or uncheck the box for each file exentsion type.  This menu should be customizable.  There is no need to display 23 file types when the average user occupies less than 5.  

Save as File Type.jpg

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been overdue for decades. And it's probably an easy implementation. Once upon a time I remember there was a way to hack it down to about 8 or 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows there is no need to choose the file format from the dropdown list. you can use the keyboard to select the format. (don't think you can do this on a Mac)

Once the Save dialog appears, press Tab to highlight the Save as type field.

Then press P for PSD, press J for jpg, press T for Tiff. (you have to press T twice if the image is 8-bit, Targa comes first.)

Press P twice for PDF, four times for PNG.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or use an action or script.

This has come up more than once, I'll see if I can find the link...

Edit:

The following links aren't the one I was looking for, it was an idea/feature request with many votes:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-cs5-simplify-list-of-save-a...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/group-file-formats-in-save-a-copy-dialog-bo...

Here it is!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-ability-to-arrange-amp-customize-save-as-...

Votes

Translate

Translate