• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to webp format

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While a highly anticipated native support for WebP file format is available, the process of saving files to WebP format is time consuming and not user friendly.

Is there a plan for WebP to be added to the Export function, with a 'quick export as WebP' option as PNG currently has and along PNG, JPG, and GIF formats in 'Export As'?

I believe this is not something that only affects me, as more and more websites will make the switch to WebP now that Safari finally supports it and Internet Explorer is discontinued, for many users all created images for web will be in WebP format and PNG or JPG will slowly become legacy formats.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have voted, I'm sure it is in the development timeline somewhere... I thought that it was already there, I use v2021 more often than v2022.

The good news is that the v2022 native webP support is scriptable, so it can be made "more user friendly".

Here is an example for exporting artboards to webP:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/exporting-artboards-to-webp-format/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v24 "File > Export > Export As" is currently missing WebP, Adobe team please fix!

no-webp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally doubt that WebP will ever be more than a niche format, but yes Export needs a LOT of work if it is going to eventually replace Save for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate