• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Add middle mouse button (scroll wheel click) as shortcut for Hand Tool

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the design and creation software I use all use the middle mouse button (clicking on the scroll wheel) to allow you to slide the canvas around (basically the Hand tool equivalent). Even Illustrator now supports this functionality. (This button press seems to be available because it appears as though clicking the scroll wheel in Photoshop does nothing.) I currently use the space bar to temporarily trigger the Hand Tool, but it's annoying going back and forth between Photoshop and essentially ANY video software that all use the space bar for Play.

Please add middle mouse button/scroll wheel click as a shortcut to temporarily enable the Hand Tool

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second this. It's almost 2024 and Photoshop still doesn't have this great feature. Illustrator has it though.

I have just found out that the middle click was implemented in 1996 by Microsoft (Intellimouse), and since then, it has been widely adopted by all computer mouse manufacturers:

images.jpeg

But for some reason, Adobe has not taken full advantage of having a scroll wheel with a middle click, even after 27 years. Adobe's developers seem to be very lazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate