• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Simple Issue: Filename Extension Highlighting Upon Rename - Save For Web (Super Unsmart)

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Upon a latest tech help to fix Creative Cloud from a persistent login issue (which still has me login every..single...time I use Adobe products) , Adobe did a fine job of erasing my 2018 version of Photoshop. Now I'm stuck using the latest one, which isn't really that different, but there's one thing that is super annoying.

Upon Save For Web, the Filename extension is highlighted for easy type/replace naming. The really extremely annoying thing is that it highlights the whole dang file including extension. So when I rename the file it removes the extension. (!??!)

It's Save for Web -- I ALREADY KNOW IT'S A PNG. 

What's worse is if I forget to re-type the stupid extension before hitting enter upon rename, I have to go back into Finder (OS X), locate the file and then add the dang extension. It then asks if I want to rename the extensinon, I select yes and then return to Photoshop.

I work in ad priduction. Do you know how many times I have to save for web images in my day? 

Easily over a hundred, I could scream. 

Please, please, PLEAAASE fix Save For Web to NOT highlight the extension upon rename/export. 

Thank you.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean...adobe-glitch.jpg

Ha! I forgot to add JPG and Adobe's own upload even rejected the filetype. Good thing I didn't do batch automation: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.51.03 AM.png

Please fix this simple yet profound oversight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate