• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion blur in one direction

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes want to apply additional motion blur to my motorsport images and whilst you can get some decent effects there is one issue that prevents it from looking truly realistic and this is that the motion is applied in both directions, whereas if you're panning motion should just be in one direction.

I know that you can kind of work around it by applying layers and masking out the motion in the direction that you don't want but it can prove very tricky and time consuming and so it would be great if Adobe would add the feature to apply direction to the blur alongside the angle and amount. Apparently other software such has GIMP allows this so I'm sure Adobe could do it. 

Is there somewhere that you can send suggestions to Adobe please?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Snerkler, 

I would check out the Path Blur in the Blur Gallery. It will do exactly what you're asking, you can even apply it along a curve along with only one direction of motion blur - turn off centered blur in the options. There's additional options to control strobe effects and flashes and adding noise etc... (strobe strength is useful, you can make the motion blur more stepped if you want).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, I'll definitely check this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate