Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to set EXR default transparency preferences

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the following feature to Photoshop's 'File Handling' Preferences:

Allow the user to select the default handling of an EXR file's transparency settings; i.e. open as Alpha Channel or Transparency baked into the layer.
This is a small request that will save me hours of future pain!

Thanks in advance.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OpenEXR open options should be sticky in CC 2017, meaning if you choose Alpha, it will use Alpha for all subsequent opens of EXR files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my request. What you say is true to a point; it definitely does remember the Transparency/Alpha setting for the current session, and does indeed use it for all subsequent opens of EXR files... until you quit Photoshop.
Next time you open it up, it asks again. That's what I would like a simple preference option for.
My office has built a workflow around EXRs using custom scripts that create linked layers. Unfortunately this behaviour is causing us problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Are you saying you're not able to automate using a script and explicitly setting the attribute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed! Thanks a lot, you just made all the artists in my office very happy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt seem to work... it prompt to select transparency for each exr files one by one ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still not working in Photoshop v25. Please advise. None of my resize scripts are working because I have to manually click on "As Transparency" every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate