• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Menu too small on Windows high res display

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my monitor (2560 x 1600) the menu on CC 2014 is too small - so tiny I can hardly read it. Selecting Expereimental 2nd option makes the whole programme far too big. Either so small I can't see it unless I sit very close to the monitor or so big it is unusable.
No problems with PS CC, only PS CC 2014. Having to unistall CC 2014 and go back to CC. Support offer NO solution

Idea Released
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019
Hi Karen, You’re posting on a thread that covers old versions. Current versions scale all the way up to 400%: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
346 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 5 months now, and continuous scalability is still not available to users of Windows 10? This is an accessibility issue that's of great concern to many users with vision acuity issues. When will we get it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it on my computer, Windows now has a built-in way to handle it:

1. Right-click on the Photoshop icon
2. Right-click on the next Photoshop icon (at the top of the menu), and select "Properties"
3. Select "Compatibility" tab
4. In the Settings section check the "Override high DPI scaling Behavior. Scaling performed by [Application]
5. Apply and OK

Hope this is helpful. Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it and that does not work... for me anyway.  OS... Win 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung 3200x1800 display. Scaling doesn't work. The type is still too small and menus are awkward. Before the 2018 version, I had a Windows registry tweak that worked beautifully. Now it doesn't. Lightroom and all of your competitors programs work perfectly. When I talk to tech help, they treat me like it's my fault. The last suggestion was to roll back to an earlier version. This isn't acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure this will work for anyone else, because I am not savvy with computers.  But I did the following on my Lenovo:
1.  Open Windows folder
2.  Open Program Files folder
3.  Open Adobe folder
4.  Open Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 folder
5.  Right-click on the Adobe Premiere Pro.exe file
6. Select "Properties"
7. Select "Compatibility" tab
8. Select Change settings for all users
9. Select Change high DPI settings
10. Check the "Override high DPI scaling Behavior. Scaling performed by [System]
11. Apply and OK
And the fonts in the menus and timeline all appeared normal again

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great suggestion.  Unfortunately, once Photoshop went to CC, things can't seem to be fixed.  I used to have a work-around but no more.  I tired your suggestion but my menus still fall off the screen.  Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scaling Override high DPI selection worked for me....but choosing (Application) was not the correct setting. You must choose either (System) or (System Enhanced) for it to work. I can now use PS as it always has been without altering the UI Interface in PS. This tells me it’s a Windows issue to ‘improve’ our experience further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows seems to have figured this out now (a year later then when I posted this.
But...get this... I tried switching back to Mac with an outrageously priced desktop, and the font scaling is non-existent. After a long time on the phone they told me that the Mac OS is "performing as expected," and that if I wanted to read the fonts I had to lower the resolution. This is Mac, known for graphics applications. Happily I had one more day to return it but I wasn't risking it. I packed it up, grabbed my coat, drove to the Apple store and got there 20 min before closing. Dell sucks, but at least I can get another brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SET TO LARGE ALREADY

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post is in Arabic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for several years.  Seems to me that if Adobe wants to charge a monthly membership fee, they should fix this yesterday.  No reason it can't be fixed.  Everything is fixable if it's a high enough priority.  Please, Photoshop, FIX this problem.  Otherwise, will we be getting a discount because we can't use your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen, You’re posting on a thread that covers old versions. Current versions scale all the way up to 400%: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the Registry hack and then the compatabiliy fix above. Restarted and all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop CS4 Extended on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine with an Asus MG28U UHD 3840 x 2160 display. I had scaling issues with Photoshop menus in addition to seeing 3 cursors in the Photoshop window. With the following display and executable file settings, the duplicate cursors are gone, and the menus appear at an acceptable size for my use:

Notes
1. I had to  repeat steps 7-19 for the Photoshop application file in both Program Files and Program Files (x86) for the solution to work.
2. I'm the only user on my computer. If there are multiple users, then at step 13 you may have to select "Change settings for all users."

Display Settings
1. In Windows 10, right click on desktop and select "Display Settings"
2. Under "Scale and layout," select "Advanced scaling settings"
3. Under "Custom scaling," enter 151
4. Hit "Apply," sign out, and sign back in (signing out will close all applications, so make sure you save important files)

Photoshop Executable File Properties
5. Right click on the Windows icon in the corner of the Windows taskbar and select "File Explorer"
6. Open Local Disk (C:)
7. Open Program Files (x86) folder
8. Open Adobe folder
9. Open Adobe Photoshop folder
10. Right-click on the Photoshop application file
11. Select "Properties"
12. Select "Compatibility" tab
13. Under "Compatibility mode" toggle "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).
14. Under "Settings" toggle "Run this program as an administrator"
15. Under "Settings" select "Change high DPI settings"
16. Under "Program DPI" toggle "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings"
17. Under "Use the DPI that's set for my main display when," select "I open this program"
18. Under "High DPI scaling override" toggle "Override high DPI scaling behavior, Scaling performed by:" and select "System (Enhanced)".
19. Hit "Ok" then "Apply"
20. Run Photoshop to confirm the settings work.

Hope this works for some of you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, @Green Eyed Bali Bule, that is just what I needed.  Appreciate the solution.  Worked on my Windows 10, 64-bit machine running (gulp) Photoshop CS3 (I know, I know!  But it doesn't require a subscription!) on a 3840x2160 resolution monitor.  There was no way I could have seen the CS3 user interface without changing the high DPI settings to "System (Enhanced)."  Perfect now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad that I found this website and this post!! Thank you SO MUCH!! This solution completely fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem still hasn't improved. I'm so sorry. Value data is not decimal

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution from David Williams worked perfect with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does works.  The only issue that remains is the brushes are no longer accurate... they sample and paste quite a bit beyond the selected brush size & hardness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following post from below fixed this issue for me.  I had tried doing all of this before except for changing it from "application" to "system"... Now as stated,  all is Well.  Thank you!

garry_5457758's profile
garry_5457758
100 Points

1 Message

• 

120 Points

This fix works for me with all ADOBE Apps which open with tiny fonts in Hi Res screens - for Win 10 Creators Edition –
1. Right click on App > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Check "Override Hig SPI scaling behavior" > Select “System” from dropdown box.
2. Open App > Edit > Preferences > Interface Tab > Select Font Size “Automatic (default) > OK
Restart App and all will be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate