• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move Liquify from plugin/modal dialog into native application UI

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pull Liquify out of the external window entirely... it would be much more useful integrated into the native UI. Add a liquify button to the Tools toolbar and ditch it from the Filter menu.

Having access to my typical brush-resizing shortcuts would be a lifesaver! It just makes more sense...

All of the buttons and tools in the Liquify panel could easily fit in the "Options" toolbar that runs across the top of the software. If any excess buttons wouldn't fit in the top Options toolbar, a Liquify panel could be created if necessary.

This is my #1 idea for the next version of Photoshop. There is no reason for Liquify to open a new window... none at all. Not anymore at least, if there ever was one.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hip hip hooray! I would love this, too! Just nest the other tools like turbulence, bloat, etc as sub-tools and create the top options bar to have settings to reflect what was in the huge liquify box. GREAT SUGGESTION...hope they can do it. It would be a much slicker application of the tool to be in the tool panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can now use filters like the new Lighting Filter or the 3D functionality without having to use an extra plugin with an own UI and editor. So why don't we have the same for something as important as the liquify filter? I really would like to be able to use its functionality without having to use it inside an own, pretty awkward editor which doesn't allow me to use all the other, normal functionality inside Photoshop. Just make an extra workspace with liquify functionality so that we can use all the other PS magic alongside without having to constantly switch back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please integrate the "liquify"-filter directly in Photoshop as a tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why? Maybe it works better in the dialogue than it would as a tool. I think Puppet Warp is a almost a good idea but very poorly implemented as it is now. I want aspects of PW incorporated into the Liquify filter. The save and load mesh feature of Liquify is very important and PW doesn't have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Improve the Liquify brush. The Liquify brush is powerful but needs some improvements. First it should work on a normal layer (like the paint tool) without going to a filter menu. Corel Paintshop Pro does this and it allows moving the layer contents while seeing an underlying layer by reducing opacity. The Liquify brush should be in the Brush tool panel. 2) I would like to make a smoke look with the Liquify brush. Please add a brush that will make the paint look smokey or whispy as it is brushed over. Allow some adjustment of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Liquify tool has been around since around the year 2000 hasn't it? So, 17 years later, we're still having it open in a separate window altogether, as if it's still a separate piece of software (ie. Kai's Power Tools). Isn't it about time it was fully integrated into the layer functionality, so we can actually see items in other layers we're liquifying to, without first having to point to the file....then point to the layer...then point to either foreground or background....then point to the opacity. What a big time consuming yawn. Can we not by now have it as a regular tool as with smudge/sharpen, dodge/burn? It would be so useful.

Also...shouldn't we by now be able to warp different layers together instead of just being limited to warping just the one?

Also...shouldn't we by now be able to access the layers during transform, warping and liquify functions instead of having the process lock everything else up? For example, to be able to alter layer opacity during such functions would be very useful.

I hope someone at Adobe is listening. Machines have become a lot more powerful since these functions were introduced, some of them over 20 years ago ...and more flexibility is required. If not, other software companies such as the Foundry will catch you with your pants down with a better painting and photo manipulation program. They're working on it by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to have, but it looks like PS is not headed in that direction given how many filters have moved to modal... Liquify, Filter Gallery, Blur Gallery, Select and Mask, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see something as complicated and intricate like liquify moving out of a modal dialogue and still retaining all of its features. Look at puppet warp - non modal - it is so constrained that its practically useless. Pro retouchers use the load mesh feature in liquify all of the time, you wouldn't have that in a non-modal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the added ability to store a mesh on a Smart Object layer as a "Smart Mesh," the need to load/save meshes could be reduced. That being said, I wouldn't recommend removing the save/load feature, and it absolutely could be kept

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save/Load mesh is vital to Liquify - if they take it out of modal and lose that functionality - Liquify will be useless like Puppet Warp.
Since the move to CC subscription we haven't seen much development or improvements to core functionality and tools - to me seems like a lack of incentive - I think we are better off wishing that Liquify be left modal (since its pretty powerful as it is) and more (or any) attention goes to something like Warp which is so under developed and basic. Or even try and make Puppet Warp useful. (In other feature requests here I've pushed for adding warping to Liquify using Bezier curves like the pen tool - but we know something like that will never happen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it about time the Liquify tool could be used directly in the Photoshop layer stack instead of having to open up in a new window? This system is pretty old and outdated now. Besides, it would be SO useful to be able to match to items in several different layers at once instead of having to 1- choose the file, & 2 - choose the layer (with only the choice of one layer). Clunky or what? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to have a simple liquify brush available as a tool in the Tools Panel.

Something akin to Smudge, but a tool that doesn't blur the pixels.

I click on this tool; change the brush size with the brackets shortcut or through a right click menu; click and drag onto the image to "liquify" - aka reposition the pixels.

It would be super useful to rapidly fix "dents" and depressions in photos; quikck fixes when editing fabric and other textures, etc. It would be a huge time saver, since I won't need to open the full Liquify Window, which takes time to load, operate, then close / apply the edit.

Here's a mock-up of the tool in action:

rapid liquify.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing idea, would love to have this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. Also would be nice to use it on multiple layers too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree too! That would be a great time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reply from the Adobe? 25 votes already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the moderator combined a new thread with the old one.

Hopefully, all the votes were also added. At least they should be.

Recent adamromman's post (which was a separate thread) has 27 votes.

Anyway, it's a very important update that many users have been asking and waiting for... more than a decade already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

come on Adobe I really want this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the post was created in 2011
now 2022
I don't understand why this hasn't been done yet?!?!?!
those are obvious things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

110% agree.... The current interface is such a pain. Referencing the usage of the liquify tool in procreate it's so much easier to use than Photoshops legacy tool to do small liquify edits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2024... still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate