• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Smudge tool on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the smudge tool for Photoshop on the iPad Pro? Thank you.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
25 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a smudge tool, or maybe even a mixer brush or blur tool coming soon to Photoshop for Mobile? I feel that especially as someone who uses photoshop to paint, the mobile version has most of the things I need except for the smudge tool, so a smudge tool (and also importing brushes) would make significant improvements for the current app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn’t

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a smudge tool would be great, or maybe even a mixer brush or blur tool. I feel that especially as someone who uses photoshop to paint, the mobile version has most of the things I need except for the smudge tool and filters like brightness/contrast, so I feel like a smudge tool (and also importing brushes) would make significant improvements for the current app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Required smudge tool on iPad photoshop to do digital artworks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I need the smudge tool for digital painting. Hope this is coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. The smudge tool in PS is key for digital painting. Very disappointing after buying an iPad Pro and the Adobe creative package to find so little in the clunky PS toolkit, with meager options in the other mobile apps that don’t make up the difference. The whole point was to get away from the desktop and take my painting and design with me, not leave all the good tools behind. I’ve been using Adobe products since the 1990s and I feel I got data-minded and dumped with a bunch of stiff, formulaic, milktoast video game tools more than anything else. Pretty heartbreaking. I have better freeware. Hope this improves quickly, feels very rushed to market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Brian’s disappointment. The lack of some “basic” tools like smudge and options like import brushes is startling. I am hopeful some of these will come soon. I use Photoshop for painting and creating collages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a smudge tool would be a great way for artists to blend colors together and allow them to digitally paint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blur/Smudge tool would be handy for my photo editing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please raise the priority of adding smudge tool to Photoshop mobile on ipad! Artists really miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes yes! I am just getting into digital painting ad was super excited to download Photoshop for IPad... only to see that smudge tool is not there. Hopefully adding this does not require a lot and will be in an update very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smudge tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m honestly surprised at how limited PS on a iPad Pro is. No point in even using. I’m canceling my subscription. Procreate sketchbook or and I hate to say it Affinity photo are better options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop for ipad is unusable for many of us digital artists without a smudge tool. I'd happily switch to PS from Procreate, but not without a smudge tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an iPad Pro, a pen and a keyboard, then subscribed to adobe, based on the promise that this was photoshop on the iPad, not photoshop for the iPad. 

Over a thousand pounds I spent, instead of getting an old iMac, and I had to look my coworkers in the eye and explain why I couldn’t produce images. It’s been the most awful year for many reasons but this has not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the app “Affinity Pro” (costs $10) for the iPad. It takes a little getting used to, however it has all the tools photoshop has AND more. I’ve used it for many projects this last year and am impressed. It accepts ALL *.psd files as well. Just allow yourself time to learn it, once you do you will be much happier with it than the very poorly designed photoshop for iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year since I've posted, and this same tool has been at the top of many people's list.  Welcome to the waiting club.  

If the palm rejection feature wasn't so absolutely perfect compared to so many other programs, I don't think I'd be using this program any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally just bought a brand new iPad Pro and pencil to use strictly for smudge painting. Lol. Wtf. I knew the iPad version would be “slimmer”, but the smudge tool is such a basic editing tool, I was 99% sure the iPad version would have it. Now I’ve found this board with posts about this that are two years old. I’m so frustrated right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's upsetting that Adobe is the top tier for digital editing and yet they've spread themselves so thin, a simple staple like Smudge is nowhere to be found. Important to note that I get by with an iPad as my sole device and the only incompatible software leaving me hanging is Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPad version of Photoshop current doesn't contain the smudge tool that exists on the desktop versions of the app. I would greatly appreciate the tool on iPad as I use Photoshop primarily for digital painting, but I have to resort to using my iPad in sidecar along with my Mac OR using a drawing tablet when using my PC. If I'm ever out and about and want to work on something I have to switch to another app like Procreate because this function is missing and it is key to digital painting and artwork. I hate having to leave to another platform, since it involves converting files back and forth between file types, and having to just switch environments back and forth is a pain.

I would love to see Adobe add the smuudge feature to the iPadOS version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smudge and sponge tool are in the Ps iPad app now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother but I have scoured the web and can't find answer...the smudge tool (and others) does not appear on my toolbar on my iPad, and I absolutely can't find how to edit toolbar (again, on mobile). TIA if you can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the smudge tool has been implemented on Photoshop for iPad: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/smudge-tool-ipad.html

Votes

Translate