• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Global Object (Layer) Styles

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanks for bringing character and paragraph styles to Photoshop CS6. This will boost the productivity of us user interface designers quite a bunch.

However it would be even better, if we also had object styles... similar to the ones in InDesign. I guess enhancing the already existing "Styles" panel with an option to manage and edit styles would definitely suffice :)

Thanks,
Wolfgang
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree. Have a layer style on multiple layers, in groups and subgroups throughout a document, and it’s a huge pain to update the layers.

Having the option in the Styles panel to “Redefine style” after making changes to a layer style would be fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, great Idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there is a way to do this, but I haven't found it. I work alot with user interface design and it would be great to be able to change the apperance of, for instance, all buttons in the document, just by changing a layer style preset that's applied to all button-layers. Much like the CS6 Paragprah Styles, or Global Lighting in layer styles, but in regards to a complete layer styles setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the function, that you are able to save layer styles. It would be awesome, if I had the possibility to define Layer Styles to several Objects (for example Buttons) and if I want to change – let's say for example the opacity of the Drop-Shadow – changes affect all layers, which are defined with this style.

Just the same as with the character and paragraph styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
YES.

Great idea. Could be a game changer!
If updating one global style would affect all objects it was applied to, like
Mandy Karlowski (comment above) suggests.

Votes

Translate

Translate