• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Less restrictions for keyboard shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the restrictions for assigning shortcuts in Photoshop removed completely. It's a neusance when you can't ctrl drag to change brush size, or assign a single letter.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows you can do it with autohotkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

You want to assign a single letter to commands like Print or Save for Web?  Could you give specific examples or what you're looking to do?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would really appreciate the ability to bind keys freely. 

Seeing how far Photoshop has come I see no reason to keep the limitations in place, such as "This keybind must have CTRL +" when it comes to some of them. 

I see programs such as Krita having the ability to bind any key to any tool or menu setting and I have tried for over a year to learn Photoshop, but the keybinds make it hard on me because I can never get used to them. 

I would like the ability to bind just "M" to Flip Canvas, this cant be done in Photoshop. Or the SHIFT + drag to change brush size, cant be done in Photoshop unless bind your pen to an additional key and then press SHIFT + drag. In Krita, you can do this by just holding Shift and dragging without pressing any button on the pen itself. This is very convinient!

I love Photoshop, but its keybind limitations make me unsubscribe and go back to Krita all the time. I would love if Photoshop could just make that simple change and allow users to bind things freely. I see no problem in doing this, older users can still keep default bindings.

Photoshop has existed for so many years that I feel its time to free up the program for its users without limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to use modifier keys when assigning tool shortcuts. Why, for example, shouldn't I be able to bind Shift+A to the artboard tool? (I can do this in Illustrator.)

Adobe is trash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then vote for the idea like we did 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop really is limited compared even to other Creative Suite apps. Even just adding Alt/Option as an optional alternative to Command/Control would create dozens more possible shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would really appreciate the ability to bind keys freely.

Seeing how far Photoshop has come I see no reason to keep the limitations in place, such as "This keybind must have CTRL +" when it comes to some of them.

I see programs such as Krita having the ability to bind any key to any tool or menu setting and I have tried for over a year to learn Photoshop, but the keybinds make it hard on me because I can never get used to them.

I would like the ability to bind just "M" to Flip Canvas, this cant be done in Photoshop. Or the SHIFT + drag to change brush size, cant be done in Photoshop unless bind your pen to an additional key and then press SHIFT + drag. In Krita, you can do this by just holding Shift and dragging without pressing any button on the pen itself. This is very convinient!

I love Photoshop, but its keybind limitations make me unsubscribe and go back to Krita all the time. I would love if Photoshop could just make that simple change and allow users to bind things freely. I see no problem in doing this, older users can still keep default bindings.

Photoshop has existed for so many years that I feel its time to free up the program for its users without limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate