• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Provide a font substitution dialog like Illustrator

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a document created using a font that I don't have, I want the opportunity to replace all instances of that font with another. This process is pretty straight forward in Illustrator and even Flash, why can I not find this in Photoshop?

Image is not available

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan, sorry, Photoshop doesn't have this ability. I'll switch this to be an idea as a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy.... here we go again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes. This is a MUST. I have been constantly frustrated with the lack of this feature. Those who work on collaborative PSD files with multiple layers and complex font styling really rely on this ability to keep the file integrity intact.

I am currently experiencing continuous Program Errors because PS can't reconcile duplicate fonts available to other apps and make a choice and stick with it. This, and a combination of Suitcase Fusion issues, makes life even harder.

While we're at it, I'd love to see ATM come back out again - your font management software was the cleanest and simplest to use on the market, but that was 15 years ago. : )

Help us wrangle large scale font files. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you have a big layout with many layers for a website or something like that (many text layers) in .psd, sometimes there's a need to quickly switch fonts from one to another. If there was a tool for a font substitution it would give a lot of freedom to experiment with different fonts and ease some routine activity. First thing comes to mind is something similar to „Recolor artwork“ tool from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate