• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please bring the auto masking brush from CR/Lightroom into photoshop

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, despite Adobe's best efforst to create intelligent masking tools for photoshop I find that the object/quick selection tools actualy do a pretty bad job at seeing edges. I cut out a lot of plants with stems and branches etc and the tools will never get into corners, often missing huge chunks that have really clear boundaries. They miss edges that a magic wand would pick up easily. More often than not I abandon these tools and actually go into camera raw to use the masking brush set to auto mask to get a good edge. I'll make my image as contrasty as possible then back in photoshop use colour range and quick masking to get a decent selection.

I dont just want to use it to alter colours like on CR/lightroom, I want to use it to get a selsetion to I can cut or copy.

Given that Adobe has brought excellent masking combinations from photoshop to lightroom, is it not possible to bring the auto mask brush over to PS?  it has so much control - not like the jumpy quick selection tool. You could have it as an option on a regular paint brush tool too. 

PLEASE!!

Thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?