• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bitmap results in being unable to duplicate or exporting.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I select Gray Scale and then Bitmap, the image flattens (which is expected) but then I can't duplicate the layer or even export the image. I can't imagine these are designed behavoirs. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Buttonhead Okay, well, I'm curious why you want or need to do all this converting in the first place but you are right that once you save as a bitmap, you won't be able to add or duplicate the layer. However, I can export a grayscaled-saved-as .bmp image without any problems. For example, I tested exporting this file to a .png and was able to open that file and work normally. Is this a workflow you've used before and now it's not working or something you are trying for the first time? What are you trying to ultimately achieve?

JainLemos_0-1626809058263.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flattened = no layers.   So of course you can't duplicate layers on flattened images.

I suspect you're struggling with a locked Background layer. 

Double click the Background layer to unlock it.

Use Ctrl/Cmd + J to duplicate it on a 2nd layer.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines