• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Window, Palettes not showing, View not updating (PS 2019, 2020 on macOS Catalina)

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running the latest Version of Photoshop CC 2019 and 2020 on macOS Catalina (current version: 10.15.1).

Most of the time everything works fine but from time to time the photoshop (and illustrator) window stop refreshing in the correct way. When it happens and I open a palette from it's button form or switch to another open document the new view does not show up. I can work in the current view with no problems, but activating the tab of the second document just highlights the tab, but does not show the content. Clicking on a palette button, the button responds but the palette does not show up. Switching between palettes via tabs does not work either. To "force" a refresh I have to resize the whole Photoshop window – even the tinyest resize triggers a redraw and shows the new document or opens the palette. Strange is, that this is not draw related. Since I can work in the current view like normal, it's not like there is an invisible state of the other document I switched to, or the clicked palette. The only way to get everything back to normal is to close all documents and restart Photoshop (or Illustrator). Now everything works just fine for some time until the problem returns.

The Problem occurs in PS and AI and I assume i will do in other Adobe Applications. So this is no PS specific Problem.

Troubleshooting so far:

• Switch to PS 2020 / Illustrator 2020

• Disable Hardware acceleration

• Restart Mac (bold move … I know!)

• Unplugging external display (I'm on a MacBook Pro 15 late 2018)

• Disable UI Scaling in macOS

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi svens70831412 , I am encountering the same issue, and have been for some time. 

Have you found any solutions? I've opened a ticket with Adobe Support with this issue and have tried similiar Troubleshooting. The only thing that I did different was uninstall and remove Preferences. No solve witht at either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How fast can you reproduce the problem
Find file
Adobe Photoshop 2020 \ Required \ PSConfig.txt

Paste these lines there (one at a time).

GPUUseFloatTextures 1
GPUDisallowCanvasImposters 1
GPUDisallowAdvancedGLRendering 1
GPUUseVBLSync 1
GPUUseAceNodeInBlitPipe 1
GPUCheckerBoardNodeInBlitPipe 1
GPUForceLinearCheckerBoardNodeInBlitPipe 1
GPUIgnoreMemoryRequirements 1
GPUAllowPBOs 1
GPUDisallowAppleClientStorage 1
GPUAllowGLXP64 1
GPUShouldNotScootATISelections 1
GPUDiableMainWindow 1

Restart Photoshop after changing the file.
Get started to cause a problem.
If there are no problems, this option (line) helped.
You can also try using 0 instead of 1 in these lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the file PSConfig.txt. Any more tips on what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with two macbooks. Absolutely drives me crazy, the only fix is to switch between fullscreen view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After numerous updates of MacOS and the Creative Suite, my problems have become less frequent, but have not completely disappeared. I now suspect the software components of SuiteCase Fusion (e.g. CoreFM) to be part of the problem. Does anyone here use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting thought. I use FontBase, maybe the connection between these apps causes this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines