• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Rotation Setting Suddenly Not Working?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, i'm hoping someone here has a solution to this problem.

Using PS 2019 with a Wacom Art Pen on Windows to allow for barrel rotation of my brushes, the Rotation setting in Shape Dynamics now inexplicably has an exclamation point in a triangle "error" next to it, and doesnt work.  Nothing changed, it just andomly stopped working.  

I tried other versions of photoshop and it detects the barrel rotation, so its not an issue with the pen or tablet.  Its a problem with that specific version of PS.  

Because of that, I decided to try abandoning 2019 and just using the newer Photoshops, but those have WAY more issues than 2019, so much so that they are essentially unusable for me. So I need to figure out how to get 2019 working again.  

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mystery half-solved:

I was using a PSUserConfig trick to allow for pressure sensitivity when WIndows Ink is disabled (because I dont ever want to use Windows Ink).  It seems that the PSUSerCOnfig trick disables the rotation abilities, sadly.  Anyone know if theres a way to use the trick and keep rotation availabile?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines