Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 3

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Photoshop CS 3 Disc. 

I need it on my laptop. It will not activate. 

I try to call to activate, it says go to a website. I go to the website. 

They tell me to post here. 

I just want CS 3 on my Windows computer. 

I intsalled it on my work computer less than 4 months ago and all is fine. Now, I just want it on my laptop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

The activation servers for CS3 were shut down quite a while ago. You can install it, but it can no longer be activated so it won't work.

This is software from 2007. That's fifteen years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS3 were shut down quite a while ago. You can install it, but it can no longer be activated so it won't work.

This is software from 2007. That's fifteen years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in Photoshop CS6, see this thread and my reply there: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/photoshop-seriel-number-validation/m-p/12335133

If the activation server for old software is really shut down, I hope Adobe will give software update to disable the need of activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I hit wrong button, my reply above was for OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different problems. CS3 is dead and cannot be activated at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't activate CS6 too, so it's also dead now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the link you posted

"I also got same issue with the Photoshop CS6 serial number, but my issue is about activation. I just changed my PC motherboard and I had deactivated the license key in previous motherboard. But in new PC, I got activation error which the dialog message said "The serial number xxxx is already in use by maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 30 days to use this product"

Nobody here can help you with activation issues, you need to contact Adobe support to have your activation count reset, activation servers for CS6 are still up

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and like I said in my post: "I asked adobe support for help, I was told my license key is valid and good to go, then when I said I still can't activate it, he just told me the software isn't supported anymore and directed me to this forum".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support person was wrong to send to here, you need to explain that you need your activation count reset, if that person can't help, ask them to escalate it to a supervisor, as I mentioned we can't help you here, this is a user to user forum and not Adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Richio0101  I'll tag @J453 to see if he can help with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I contacted the adobe support again, this time the person managed to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get them to fix it? What were your exact words?!

Links removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adriane5EEC 

Adobe support will not be able to help you with CS3, as already mentioned CS3 is dead as a dodo.

Maybe it's time to consider moving on, there's plenty of free/paid for alternatives out there that should meet your needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone said they were able to get theirs fixed...I am awaiting that reply.
Thanks

Links removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adriane5EEC I think what other said is right, CS3 is different product and the activation server is already shut down: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/locked-photoshop-cs3-activation-cs3-is-dead/td-p/.... For alternative software with perpetual license, maybe you can take a look at Affinity Photo.

Edited by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone said they were able to get theirs fixed...I am awaiting that reply.

By @Adriane5EEC

Unfortunately it won't help you.

CS6 can be fixed because the CS6 activation server is still in existence.

CS3 cannot be fixed because no CS3 activation server exists any more.

Your options are to either upgrade your CS3 Adobe software or find other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adriane5EEC CS3 and CS6 are two different issues.

CS6 activation issues can be fixed by Adobe, often a reset of the activation count is all that is needed.

As explained earlier, CS3 activation servers have been shut down entirely by Adobe so,unfortunately, no fix is available. CS3 is a dead product and can no longer be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines