• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keep getting "select" "make" commands are not available when using actions

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys im farly new to photoshop, and I downloaded some actions/presets and when I try to apply the actions alot of the times I'll get a pop up after i push the play button "the command make/select/camera raw" is not currently available, my laptops up to date, my photoshop is up to date and ive shut it down and redid it several times..... does this happen to anyone else, im such a newbie so if you can tell me how to fix this so im able to use mt actions that would be awesome. step by step instructions since i dont really know what im doing lol 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These type of messages indicate that your image does not match the current step in the action.

It could be that a layer is explicitly named in the action, whereas your file does not have the current layer selected with the same explicit name.

It could be that a selection is required.

It would be helpful to insert a screenshot of the entire interface and action panel expanded with layers panel with the error message active so that the forum can diagnose the state of the document in context with the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the step that failed and look at the document its failing on. Whats went  wrong  why did the step fail. What conditions is missing.  A layer name, A selection was not made etc,  Actions have dependencies they will not work on all documents.   Some action are poorly created and have many dependencies.   

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the command make/select/camera raw"

When you work in Photoshop not all commands from menus are always available to use them, have you noticed that? For example, with single Shape layer selected in the Layers panel Edit > Fill, or Edit > Auto Align Layers, or Type > Warp Text are greyed out because you can not use them effectivelly. 

When you play action each step is independent from other steps, you can delete all other steps and play only step in the middle of action but... Each step has dependency like described above, if you want action to execute some particular command then that command must be available from menus with current document state. If you want to select layer named background then layer with that name must exist or you must have layer active/selected to apply Camera Raw Filter, it will display error message if none of layers is selected and action reached Camera Raw Filter step because without layer selected in the Layers panel Camera Raw filter is not available from the Filter menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to know howx] Photoshop Works view some tutorials

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines